Yet Another Green Day Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Life 2 (including Episode 1 and 2)

Go down

Half Life 2 (including Episode 1 and 2) Empty Half Life 2 (including Episode 1 and 2)

Post by Plunkie Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Half Life 2 (including Episode 1 and 2) 421px-HL2box

Half-Life 2 is the sequel to the highly acclaimed Half-Life, and similarly is a singleplayer science fiction first-person shooter video game and a signature title in the Half-Life series. Developed by Valve Corporation, it was initially released for Windows XP on November 16, 2004, following a protracted five-year, $40 million development cycle, during which a substantial part of the project was leaked and distributed on the internet.
The game was developed alongside Source and Steam. It introduced the popular game engine and, because of Steam, is the first video game to require online product activation.
Like its predecessor, Half Life 2 was met with near-unanimous critical acclaim, and was praised for its advanced physics, animation, sound, AI, rendering, and narrative. The game won 39 "Game of the Year" awards, and several publications have named it "Game of the Decade". Over 6.5 million copies of Half-Life 2 were sold at retail by December 3, 2008, making it a best selling PC game. This figure does not include the significant number of sales through Steam.

Personal Review:
I started playing this, because i was gifted the orange box ( that includes Half life 2, Half Life 2 episode 1, Half life 2 episode 2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal)
At first i was like: ugh long game, its good but just.. i don't know i just diden't click with it.
to me it was like whatever, its a good single player game, it really is, but it gets annoying at times.

PROS:
gravity gun <3

CONS:
ugh.. alot of things

RATE:
sunny sunny Half Sunny
(2 ½/5)

Half Life 2 (including Episode 1 and 2) Image-HL2EP1cover

Half-Life 2: Episode One is the first in a series of episodes that serve as the sequel for the 2004 first-person shooter video game Half-Life 2. It was developed by Valve Corporation and released on June 1, 2006. Originally called Half-Life 2: Aftermath, the game was later renamed to Episode One after Valve became confident in using an episodic structure for the game. Similar to Half-Life 2, Episode One also uses the Source game engine. The game debuted new lighting and animation technologies, as well as AI sidekick enhancements.
The game's events take place immediately after those in Half-Life 2, in and around war-torn City 17. Episode One follows scientist Gordon Freeman and his companion Alyx Vance as they fight in humanity's continuing struggle against the transhuman race known as the Combine. When the story begins, Gordon wakes up outside the enemy's base of operations, the Citadel, after being left unconscious from the concluding events of Half-Life 2. During the course of the game, Gordon travels with Alyx as they attempt to evacuate the city. As the game comes to an end, Gordon and Alyx are caught in a major accident, and both of their fates are revealed in the sequel, Episode Two.

Personal Review:
now you kind of half get into the story, and its alot better.
but mostly you just want to get through it to play the whole game thing.

PROS:
gravity gun <3

CONS:
it's short, but i guess that's a good thing?

RATE:
sunny sunny sunny
(3/5)

Half Life 2 (including Episode 1 and 2) Half-Life_2_Episode_Two_title

Half-Life 2: Episode Two is the second installment in Valve Corporation's series of episodes for the first person shooter video game Half-Life 2. The first two episodes of Half-Life 2 were developed concurrently by separate teams. This episode was released as a part of a bundled package, The Orange Box. A separate copy of Episode Two is available via Steam worldwide.
Continuing with Valve's policy of orienting each episode around a particular theme or set of technologies, Episode Two aims to focus on expansive environments, travel and less linear play. Following the closing events of Episode One, it sees Gordon Freeman and the series' other major players moving away from City 17 to the surrounding countryside.

Personal Review:
now you're REALLY getting into the story.
i LOVE this.
best half life 2 so far, by far.
i mean it's like the bomb!
what's really annoying though?
the last mission.
Killing those fucking striders and the hunters that's freaking more annoying.
Lost 7 times before i finally did it.
and then, stupid valve leaves you hanging and wanting the 3rd episode.
its like: GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?! YOU FINALLY GOT ME HOOCKED AND YOU'RE STILL WORKING ON EPISODE 3 WTF?!?! WHY ME?!?!
but i guess that's how they sell games :3

PROS:
gravity gun <3

CONS:
the last mission

RATE:
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
(5/5)
Plunkie
Plunkie
Admin

http://greenday.roflforum.net